- Avoid fructose Fructose contributes hugely towards the formation of uric acid. So limiting or perhaps cutting down on foods rich in fructose is the best way to lower uric acid levels. Reduce soda consumption, fruit juices, and other sugary drinks.
- Limit alcohol consumption Alcohol dehydrates your body and reduces the dissolving capability of the blood. It is advised that you don’t drink alcohol, especially when you are consuming foods that are high in purine if you want to lower uric acid levels. However, wines have not shown any effect on the uric acid level. So, drinking wine is not that harmful.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods Food items that hold anti-inflammatory qualities such as cherries, blueberries, strawberries, celery, and pineapples should be included in your diet. These foods help to reduce inflammation by inhibiting the protein that is responsible for inflammation of the body.
- Stay hydrated Hydration is essential for maintaining lower uric acid levels. Water helps in diluting the uric acid in our body. This makes it easier for the blood to dissolve the acid and carry it to the kidney from where it has been eliminated.
- Lemon juice Lemon juice helps to neutralize uric acid. Although lemon juice is acidic, it produces an alkaline effect that neutralizes the acid. The vitamin C in lemons also brings down uric acid levels.
Home | Health
Five ways to control your uric acid level
Uric acid occurs in our body naturally. It is a waste product formed due to the breakdown of purines, a crystalline compound found in certain foods. Generally, this purine dissolves in the blood and is eliminated by the kidneys through urine. However, when the proportion of uric acid increases, it gets deposited in our body, resulting in gout or hyperuricemia. There are several ways to lower uric acid, and this primarily depends on the diet that you follow. Lifestyle changes also help to lower uric acid levels. Here are some ways in which you can bring down your uric acid levels.
What is the price of the new iPhone 8?
The iPhone 8 of 64GB storage costs $699. While, the 5.5 inches iPhone 8 plus costs $799. While, the 256GB storage version costs $849.99 of iPhone 8 plus.